[ntp:questions] Re: ntp or sntp for OS2 Warp 3

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Thu May 26 15:14:36 UTC 2005

Hi Geoff,

did you try this page:
http://www.filegate.net/fernwood/fwsysutl/
(there is a NTP client listed)

The readme says:
"You need Warp V3 or Warp V4 with TCP/IP or the IBM Internet Access Kit
(IAK) (ICS) installed to run this software."

My personal OS/2 era passed lightyears ago, so I have no clue if that
implies you need tcp/ip32 ...

Kind regards,
Heiko

geoffh at bigfoot.com.au schrieb:
> I have a Racal Wordnet voice recorder in my work area that I would like to
> time sync to any of the ntp servers on the same network. It's operating
> system is OS2 Warp 3. I would like it to run ntp as a service. Some of the
> most promising ports I've found and tried required tcpip32 which I believe
> is for later versions of OS2. Accuracy is not critical, anything in the
> 100mS to 1S range is fine, so sntp would also suffice.
>

>     Geoff

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.