[ntp:questions] Re: Leap second talks are postponed

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Nov 20 18:59:45 UTC 2005

Happy Trails <undisclosed at obscure.com> writes:

> We in the eastern part of north America just fiddled with the idea of
> postponing our return to standard time from daylight time, and I did
> not hear of any plagues, epidemics or mass hysteria resulting from
> this.
>
> Get real.
>
> Get a realistic argument.

Its not about real arguments, its the last battle for the
astronomers, the former timekeepers of our planet. It seems its hard
for them to let go of their last direct influence on UTC. So there is
much more politics, emotions and FUD than real arguments...

Reducing the steps in our major timescale by a few thousand times
_is_ a good thing.

--
   Björn