[ntp:questions] Re: server's address in ntp payload?

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.removeme.com
Wed Nov 23 16:29:56 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David Schwartz wrote:
>
>>  However, it does not obviate the need for a
>>common unique identifier for the server, akin to a public key.
>>
>>    DS
>>

> That part has not been established.

Nor refuted. 8-).

As dave has pointed out, the public key, if it is in use, can play
this role. But in the scenario that Mr. Schwartz has given, you
may need to still distinguish between servers even if public key is
not in use.

--
blu

"Having them stolen may become our distribution model..."
Nicolas Negroponte on the Hundred Dollar Laptop.