[ntp:questions] NTP client configuration

Resmi M R resmi.nair at wipro.com
Tue Oct 4 14:29:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having some issues in configuring ntp client on a power pc 405
processor based device which runs Linux .
 It doesn't have RTC support.  We had set up an NTP server in the
network. The ntp client was configured with a single entry in the
/etc/ntp.conf

server <server_ip address>

The client was not able to perform time synchronization with the server.
 We were able to perform a time sync with the same server from a windows
XP machine and another Linux machine.
The experiment was tried after setting the timet to a value which was
within 1 minute of the time in the NTP server.
Still the client was not able to synchronize with the server.

/etc/ntp.conf on server
------------------------

server <server_ip address>
fudge <server_ip address> stratum 1
server 127.127.1.0
driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
broadcastdelay  0.008
logfile /var/log/ntp.log

Please suggest whether we need to modify the configuration.

Thanks in advance
Resmi

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately