[ntp:questions] Re: ntp servers reporting leap second erroneously?

Rex Vincere nospam at nospam.org
Sat Oct 15 04:54:16 UTC 2005

According to RFC 2030:

   Leap Indicator (LI): This is a two-bit code warning of an impending
   leap second to be inserted/deleted in the last minute of the current
   day, with bit 0 and bit 1, respectively, coded as follows:

So, does this not mean that the LI should be turned on *only* on the day of
the leap second?
According to RFC 2030 then, all the servers indicating leap second before
December 31st is in error.

Rex

news:dioddl$gc1$1 at dewey.udel.edu...