[ntp:questions] Correcting my time servers clock drift on Alpha ES40s / Tru64

brett.sander at tenix.com brett.sander at tenix.com
Thu Oct 20 06:16:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

We have 2 ES40 Alpha servers running Tru64 Unix and they are configured
as peers using their local clocks.  We configred them this way for
redundacny, so that if one died the network would still have a time
server.

The ntp.conf files are configured as such:

terrance's ntp.conf:

peer phillip
peer 127.127.1.1

phillip's ntp.conf:

peer terrance
peer 127.127.1.1

Currently they have been up and running for about 14 months and the
clocks are now about 30 minutes slow.

Any ideas how I can better configure these 2 servers to keep the clocks
no time.  Also, whats the best method to update the time (I was just
going to use date to set the time)

Another thing is these servers have no access to the internet at all.

Thanks in advance,

Brett.