[ntp:questions] Re: Correcting my time servers clock drift on Alpha ES40s / Tru64

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Oct 20 20:26:02 UTC 2005

Brett,

Not a good idea to configure more than one local clock in the network.
Over time each machine will diverge from the other. The new orphan mode
is designed for configurations like yours, but should be considered beta
until more experience is gained. Meanwhile, elevate the stratum of on
machine or the other so that the machines won't fight each other.

Dave