[ntp:questions] Re: So anyone else get ntp "probed" lately?

Nelson Minar nelson at monkey.org
Fri Sep 2 11:56:34 UTC 2005

wa6zvp at gmail.com writes:
> Name:    ntpsurvey.arauc.br
> Address:  200.238.131.1

I've been in contact with the person running this survey. He contacted
me to ask some questions about the 1999 survey. It sounds legitimate
to me. He's following the protocol suggested after my 1999 survey lit
up alarms all over the net; the IP also has a web server running that
explains things, http://ntpsurvey.arauc.br/

I'm curious how this survey will go; my feeling is a lot of sites will
have locked down the monitoring protocol that allowed me to find the
child peers of a server. Ie: you can only walk up the chain now, not down.
We'll see!