[ntp:questions] Re: # sign on ntpq -np command

Yasemin yyazici at netas.com.tr
Thu Sep 15 14:04:36 UTC 2005

Hi Danny and all,

I have only one server in my configuration and my ntp.conf file was also
added in my first mail. If you could please tell me what you want specific,
then I can send you the information. If the question is my NTP server's
ntp.conf file then it is :
#================================================
# File name : /etc/ntp.conf
#================================================
server 47.165.149.1
restrict 47.165.149.1 noquery nomodify notrap
server 47.165.149.2
restrict 47.165.149.2 noquery nomodify notrap

restrict default nomodify

driftfile /var/opt/NTP/ntp.drift

statsdir /var/opt/NTP/ntpstats
filegen peerstats file peerstatistics_log type week enable

Those two ntpq -np commands was issued on the same client after the NTP
daemon was restarted on the NTP server. Only difference between them was the
time. I issue one and wait for a while and issued the command again and it
showed the next line.

Thanks every body who tried to explain what "#" mean. I understand it now.
And as I have only one server, it is enough for me to find it as a candidate
to be "*" :)

My NTP version is

47.168.18.190 A[--]-> ntpq -c version
ntpq 3-5.93e Fri Jan 28 08:46:47 MST 2000 (1)

I guess this is a little bit old. I read somewhere that "iburst" option was
not working properly for older releases which means will not work for me
either.

Thanks everybody for your relies again. And I am still open to any idea of
monitoring NTP script, what to check and when to decide ntp daemon should be
restarted (how to decide this).

Kind Regards,
Yasemin

news:432968DF.3020708 at ntp.isc.org...