[ntp:questions] Re: NTP precision

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Sep 24 12:37:01 UTC 2005

At 7:40 AM +0000 2005-09-24, David J Taylor wrote:

>  jitter
>      The estimated time error of the system clock measured as an
>  exponential average of RMS time differences.  (Jitter errors are caused by
>  short-term variations in frequency with components greater than 10Hz).

	I'd rather not have parenthetical comments in these definitions,
but otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to change the order of these two
sentences, or make other suitable modifications to them to help
improve readability and clarity.

	If we can get a consensus as to what any particular definition
should say, I'll be happy to update them.  Or, for that matter,
anyone else can update them -- that part of the TWiki web is open to
modifications from anyone.

>  BTW: what are the errors caused by longer term variations called?

	Wander.  Check the list of definitions.  ;)

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755