[ntp:questions] Re: Servers just doen't work (after following the troubleshooting page)

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 17:18:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Ronan Flood wrote:
> S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> <server1.int.ip> 0.0.0.0         16 u    -  256    0    0.000    0.000 4000.00
>
> I note you use server1.int.ip here, but server1.ip or
> ntp1.mydomain elsewhere -- is that significant?

My bad! It should be <server2.int.ip> (the internal IP of
server2).

ntp1 and ntp2 both point to internal IP of server1 and server2,
respectively. So ntp2 will be the same IP address as
<server2.int.ip>.

> "ntpq -np" will show the IP addresses in use, rather than
> reverse translating them back to names.

Yes I did that too. There were no problem (ntp1 become
<server1.int.ip> and ntp2 become <server2.int.ip>). I used ntp1
and ntp2 because I thought it probably easier to discuss it.

Thanks!

--
                               Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo