[ntp:questions] New NTP Time Server Monitor Application

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Fri Sep 30 07:40:00 UTC 2005

Hi, Wizards of Time!

My colleague Gregoire Diehl here at Meinberg developed a Windows
application which provides a wealth of functionality to monitor, manage
and control NTP time servers.

While the controlling and management functions are working with a local
instance of ntpd, monitoring of remote ntpd's is possible.

This is freeware and can be downloaded from our download page:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/time-server-monitor.htm

The current version is a pre-release beta which we would like you to
check out. Any feedback is appreciated, please use the forum we created
for this purpose:

http://www.time-server-monitor.com/

This web site has been set up to provide support for the time server
monitor application and our NTP Installer for Windows.

Here's a short feature list:

Monitoring:
- "Graphical NTPQ -p"
Shows the associations of a local or remote ntpd including key data
(offset, jitter, reach, delay, stratum, type, refid, when) and status
(sys/pps peer, candidate, outlyer, unreachable). Each association is
assigned a background colour visualizing the current status (can be
turned off).

- Refresh interval can be configured
- Multiple NTP time servers can be configured for monitoring
- When minimized, a tray icon shows the current state of your ntpd
- Show sysvars of local ntpd and peervars for each association

Statistics:
- Reading loopstats files created by ntpd and generate frequency/offset
diagrams
- diagrams can be saved as bitmaps

Managing local ntpd:
- Shows ntpd version and service status (stopped, started) including
start type (automatic, manual, disabled)
- Start/Stop/Restart ntpd
- allows easy switching between different configuration files
- edit ntp configuration file and optionally restart ntpd after saving
changes
- displays filtered windows application log entries (only ntpd entries)

Please use the forum (http://www.time-server-monitor.com/) to tell us
what is missing or what does not work as expected.

Kind regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.