[ntp:questions] Re: NeoClock & ntp

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Apr 5 07:46:33 UTC 2006

Thomas Schweikle wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now, that I am having my ntp server up and running, the next
> question: there is a NeoClock module maintained somewhere.
> If it is part of the main distribution, how do I use it?
>
> I have connected the clock to COM4. It is a DCF77 clock.
> AFAIK I would have to enter into "ntp.conf":
>
> server 127.127.8.4 mode 5
> fudge 127.127.8.4 stratum 0
>
> But since this doesn't work, am I missing something or using the
> wrong syntax?

AFAIK the neoclock module should be supported with

server 127.127.8.44

See http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver44.html for
details.

However, like many other refclock drivers this clock type does not seem to
be supported under Windows, and in fact it is not enabled to be included
into the build of the Windows version of ntpd.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren