[ntp:questions] Re: w32tm DC error

Franz f.mayer at web.de
Thu Apr 13 08:33:36 UTC 2006

Hej,

I know the NTP server of the univerity now. The problem I asked for is
maybe not realizable right now and more about theoretical nature....

For background: I am writing a C++ program, which should later be
ported to Win CE and run on Pocket PCs. So if I walk around and do not
know that my university network blocks UDP port 123 and want by default
use some external NTP server. Therefore it would be nice to have a way
to check if port 123 is blocked from a network and furthermore get the
NTP server of the local network.

But this probably has be filed in "future work" ;)

Thanks for all the help!
Regards, Franz