[ntp:questions] Re: Clock accuracy & auto setting : digital television does a crap job of providing time services...

Marc Brett marc at fordson.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 16:46:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:03:23 GMT, You have no need to know
<anjahnoaoed at fl.net.invalid> wrote:

>Immoral sounds good to me. If you can point me in the direction of an LF
>receiver that works in Australia I might reconsider.

At your service:

http://tufi.alphalink.com.au/time/time_lf.html

"I'd thought you would be interested to know that my SEIKO world global radio
wave control radio, purchased in Japan very recently, is receiving (but not
every day) a signal here in Perth WA showing JPW (i.e. Japan West), namely JJY
60 kHz!  The angle of the clock can affect reception (and some times I see it
cycling through the British, German, Japanese and US stations without result, so
it must be a very weak signal).   I set it at -1 hour and it shows deadly
accurate time Perth WA time!"