[ntp:questions] Re: ntp4-2-2 crashes

Murphy Gari murphygv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 19:11:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

Looks like ntpd is detecting an error and exiting.NTPD is not printing
any log messages.
but If ntpd exits silently it should log the "ntpd exiting on signal number".

Is their any known conditions which ntpd exits silently ?

Pl let me know.

Thanks
Murphy

I have downloaded ntp-4-2-2 version and it is running on uClinux.
>I have executed ntpd by using this " ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf & ". I have
>created 4 associations, after one or two days ntpd is crashing.
>Any ideas ? Please let me know.

Is it crashing or detecting an error and exiting?

Is it running out of memory?

Is there anything interesting in the log file?

If it's crashing, can you get a core dump?