[ntp:questions] ntp startup behaviour under Windows

John Allen allen at vo.lu
Sun Aug 20 02:29:44 UTC 2006

I've been looking into the startup behaviour of ntp under Windows. I'm
running ntp 4.2.0b from the Meinberg distribution as a service under Windows
XP SP2.

I've noticed that if the log file is enabled in ntp.conf, then ntp errors do
not show up as events in the Windows Event Viewer. Is this the expected
behaviour? I would have expected to see the errors both in the log file
(where they are visible) and also in the Event Viewer.

John Allen\
Bofferdange, Luxembourg