[ntp:questions] Re: NTP sync on a standalone network (Windows 2k)

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Tue Aug 22 10:47:07 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,

Alexandre Carrausse schrieb:
> "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
> <wolfgang+gnus20060818T141853 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> wrote in
> message news:87mza1zqnv.fsf at bonnet.wsrcc.com...
>> If you are allowed to have fiber-optical signals go into the room (but
>> not out) you might be able to run a GPS in some not quite so secure
>> area and send only the NMEA and/or PPS into the secure area.
>
> I agree but the link between the GPS antenna and the secure area will be
> coper, not fiber.
>
> Are you aware of a GPS solution that would use fiber?

Just take a look at this:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/goal.htm

You can use it with out LANTIME/GPS time servers for example. Or hook up
one of our GPS receivers and connect that to one of your servers.
Another possibility would be to use a Meinberg PCI card in your master
server.

The GOAL system can be combined with any Meinberg GPS receiver, examples
are:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/lantime.htm
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/gps167.htm
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/gps170pci.htm

Best regards,
Heiko

>> -wolfgang
>> --
>> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht                http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.