[ntp:questions] format of loop stats?

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Sat Dec 23 20:40:01 UTC 2006

>    What are the fields in the loop stats log?

Assuming you have a copy of the sources, the details
are in <wherever>/html/monopt.html

loopstats
Enables recording of loop filter statistics information. Each
update of the local clock outputs a line of the following form
to the file generation set named loopstats:
  50935 75440.031 0.000006019 13.778190 0.000351733 0.0133806
The first two fields show the date (Modified Julian Day) and time
(seconds and fraction past UTC midnight). The next five fields
show time offset (seconds), frequency offset (parts per million - PPM),
RMS jitter (seconds), Allan deviation (PPM) and clock discipline
time constant.

[Looks like the sample line is missing the timeconstant number.]