[ntp:questions] Better QoS support

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Tue Dec 26 18:57:52 UTC 2006

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I added better support for setting IPTOS_PREC_* in ntpd/ntp_io.c
> and ntpd/ntp_config.c.
>
> so the code seems to be mostly working...  except that "qos"
> seems to be called (and processed, as seen from the debug lines
> ntokens/flag/tos) after the sockets have been created.  Not sure
> why.  Does the "qos" need to appear earlier in the config file?
>
> I'll dig through the code some more and see the order of
> processing...
>
> I've attached the patches for the FC5 .spec file, the
> SOURCES/ntp.conf file, and of course the changes to the BUILD/
> tree itself.
>
> -Philip

Please do not try to use attachments for the email list, it's not
allowed by the mailing-list. If you want to add an enhancement use
Bugzilla: http://bugs.ntp.isc.org/ and add the attachment there. It will
need to be reviewed and we need to figure out how to keep it optional.
Why do you need to have QOS for NTP?

Danny