[ntp:questions] Re: NTP Leap Second on Windows XP

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Tue Jan 3 23:11:52 UTC 2006

Danny sez:

> As I commented to Tom some time ago, trying to obsolete ntpdate is a bit
> like obsoleting nslookup, it may never actually happen. So I'm not going
> to try convincing you.

I'm gonna be removing ntpdate from the codebase.  I am doing what I can to
be sure that the remaining tools (ntpd and sntp) will be able to handle
the equivalent speed and functionality.

See http://ntp.isc.org/Dev/DeprecatingNtpdate, and if somebody else wants to
keep maintaining ntpdate, I'd really like to understand what problem they
are solving so we can  be sure and provide equivalent functionality.

I expect we will provide an interim ntpdate that is a perl script that
simply calls ntpd or sntp to get the desired result.