[ntp:questions] Re: Can't get Windows/2000 Client to synchronize with my NTP server on CentOS 4.2

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Sat Jan 14 08:22:00 UTC 2006

Mark Hansen wrote:
[]
> I have NTP configured to synchronize against three servers, a Statum
> 2 server owned by a friend of mine, and two other public NTP servers.

Four or more servers is recommended - with three, if one fails you are
left asking "Do I believe server A or server B".  You could add:

server 0.pool.ntp.org
server 1.pool.ntp.org

For more information:
  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

[]
> When w32tm is making its attempts, I see the following messages
> in the syslog (when running ntpd with debugging turned on):

You can get NTP for Windows:

  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks
  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
  http://norloff.org/ntp/

which performs better than the Microsoft w32tm, and would give you more
consistent management across all the platforms.

David