[ntp:questions] NTS multicast response on IPv6

Mauricio Schramm mauricio.schramm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:27:44 UTC 2006

Thanks Danny,

I think I was not totally clear in my question, what I need is to make my
NTP client to discover by multicast a NTP server on my IPv6 network. I can
do it using IPv4 broadcast, but I'm unable to do the same with IPv6
multicast. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

In the environment I'm working the NTP clients request the time periodically
to the server, the server is not multicasting/broadcasting anything to the
clients, do you think the authentication issue you talked about may be the
cause of the problem? I will double check that, but I don't think I am
facing any authentication problem since direct queries (IPv6 or IPv4) to the
server are working just fine.

Thanks again,
Mauricio