[ntp:questions] This is tougher than you think (was Re: This is tougher than I thought?)

Tim Keck timkeck at gmpexpress.net
Sat Jan 21 13:25:12 UTC 2006

Axonn wrote:
> Thank you David for your assistance. I wish to include NTP
> functionality in my program due to the lack of such features on most
> Windows OS versions and hard-to-find (for the average user) features on
> newer versions. I guess I'll go for using the SNTP. Anyway, it seems
> like I'm gonna  have to go though some serious development work with
> this thing.
>
> Do you (or anybody here for that matter) happen to know of any FREE
> (preferably open source) DLL that could provide one with a time from a
> NTP server?

I Don't Do Windows (tm) but, if I understand you are writing a user
control and display interface to the system clock.  Install the existing
NTP client as part of your install process, and let it handle ntp
correctly, which is much more complictaed that just getting the time
from some server.  Then you can worry about the user interface part.
my $0.015 (after taxes),
Tim Keck