[ntp:questions] ***SPAM*** Re: Beware! starlite-intl

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Tue Jan 24 20:57:02 UTC 2006

John Pettitt wrote:
> Steve Kostecke wrote:

>>> Beware of these merchants
>>>
>>> Price on Web site: US $67.95 with shipping, handling and insurance
>>> to Price the UK: US $115.00
>>>
>>> That's over $47 mark up! How can they justify that?
>>
>> Provantage quotes similar prices: $70.92 for the GPS18 and $39.70 for
>> DHL shipping to the UK. This does not include import duties or taxes.
>>

> International shipping (other than regular mail) is expensive -
> $40-$50 is about the norm for a small box.
>

> John

Thanks, John and Steve.

I must confess I was somewhat miffed when they asked the price they did -
it wasn't up-front on their Web site.

OK, well I found a UK supplier instead.  I also ship stuff
internationally, and I know both what I pay and what I charge.  To add
insult, starlite also would not accept my credit card (which other US
companies are quite happy to do).

If someone was to import three or four devices, the shared shipping costs
would be much less.

David