[ntp:questions] Re: ntp linux daemon drift apart from Windows Net Time Server

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sat Jun 3 02:18:01 UTC 2006

DavidO wrote:
> I will try to run it for a day, I already tried the ntp server from
> Meinberg website and it works pretty well. However, my boss and some
> customers wants me to synchronize to a windows NT server.

They have a choice. Either they want something that is meaningless that
may not give them what they really want or they can do it right. Why not
make the linux machine the NTP server and have the windows box point to it?

Also what version of ntpd are you running?

 I already
> checked the websites mentioned before and I have already tried
> different configurations for windows and linux... I have not been able
> to synchronized though.

Which given the configuration is no surprise.

Danny