[ntp:questions] Re: Is there a way to extract long./ lat. and alt. from the log files, when using Oncore GPS?

Thu Jun 22 14:42:27 UTC 2006

Mario Behn <behn at mirsl.ecs.umass.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the Motorola Oncore GPS can be set into Position Hold mode,
> and then I believe I can do a 3d site survey, which take 10000s or so.
>
> However, does it store the longitude, latitude and the altitude somewhere?
> If yes where?

For the Trimble Acutime (which also features no non-volatile memory), you can
retrieve the data via software, put it into some persistent storage, and then
upload that data again. For the Acutime, uploading the current dta&time,
almanach, and position will speed up initial sync significantly, especially
for sub-optimal receiving conditions.

Regards,
Ulrich