[ntp:questions] NTP PPS signal

Dave A. Ehrenberger Dave.Ehrenberger at solipsys.com
Thu Jun 22 15:43:50 UTC 2006

	Basically what I want to do is take a signal from a GPS receiver
and discipline the system time on a Solaris machine. However, the GPS
receiver I need this to interface with is not listed under the supported
drivers page. The receiver I need to use has a RS232 serial port (which
I have the complete specs on). Is it possible to write an external
reference clock driver that I will be able to use to complete this
project?

	The receiver outputs a 1PPS-UTC signal, so would I somehow use
the NTP PPS Clock Discipline (Driver 22) to receive that 1PPS signal? Or
am I way off?

Thanks for any help you can offer me,
Dave

Dave Ehrenberger