[ntp:questions] FW: NTPd code modification.

P B, Suhas (Suhas) suhasp at lucent.com
Sat Jun 24 08:22:56 UTC 2006

Hi All,

    I would like to introduce myself as Suhas.P.B , a Software Engineer from
Bangalore, India.

I have a special requirement that , ntp daemon should not modify the time
automatically
, instead it should inform a application ( some critical application ) that
is running, the
application should take care of modifying the time .

The requirement is because my application runs timers, if the time is
modified without notice
to the application, the timers get expired  and lead to a chaos.

So , my initial doubts are ,

Can i do this , by modifying the NTPd source code, if so any material i can
liik into .
Which part of the NTP code sets the system time .

Another small requirement is that , Can i restrict the NTP to  adjust the
time, iff and only if
the time difference crosses some limit with respect to the server

Awaiting for your responses ,

Thanks in advance,
Suhas.P.B
Lucent Technologies
ST-1, Hosur Road, Bangalore - 560095.
Tel: +91-80-51191355
Mobile: +91-9886081128

 <http://lucent.com/> Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs Innovations

<http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=90171&pa
rtner=hbtools> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!