[ntp:questions] Re: Symmetricon bc635PCI-U

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat May 20 00:11:22 UTC 2006

Greg,

True, we have tried to throttle back new drivers in favor of
generalizing existing ones. However, the KSI/Odetics driver is very
similar to the ex-TrueTime 560, which in turn is very similar to the
ex-Bancomm bc635/7. The KSI is certainly toast, as is the old Sun SBus,
so can be deprecated. So far as I know, the 560 was discontinued when
Symmetricom ate TrueTime, but there are a few 560s still around (I have
one). Best choice would be a driver that supports both the 560 and
635/7. If sufficient steam is not available to support the 560, send us
a 635/7 driver to replace the KSI driver.

Dave