[ntp:questions] NTPD not receiving any response from timservers

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20061107T210053 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Wed Nov 8 05:05:11 UTC 2006

hmurray at suespammers.org (Hal Murray) writes:
> Restrict lines cause enough trouble (like this) that it's probably
> worth adding some debug printout to the path that drops them due
> to restrictions.

I wonder if it would be useful to have a implied restrict opening for
each server and peer statement.  I've gotten bitten a few times over
the years when the restricts were by IP and the server/peer lines were
name and the IP address of the host eventually changed.  Adding a
restrict by name never worked very well. When you least expected it
some multi-homed host would get you.

-wolfgang