[ntp:questions] notrust alternative?

ntplist at gmail.com ntplist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:46:41 UTC 2006

I have seen behavior identical to what Dennis described with a
pre-built Solaris 8 version of the 4.2.0 at 1.1161-r daemon that is
available from Community Software (CSW), http://www.blastwave.org/ if
your interested.  I have "restrict default nopeer" configured.  With
authorization disabled, all of the systems on our network that peered
my server showed up in its ntpq -p output.  With authorization enabled,
only the systems I had configured on that server showed up.  I plopped
a version 4.2.2p3 at 1.1577-o daemon that was build from the official
source,  disabled authorization and it behaved normally, no additional
spurious output from ntpq -p.  Something perculiar with 4.2.0 at 1.1161-r?

Regardless, this was enough to steer me away from anything pre-built
and back to the genuine article.

Bill McGovern
General Dynamics