[ntp:questions] xntpd related querries

lulu neoequal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:05:03 UTC 2006

Thanks for your remark.
I agreed to your point. But I want to know whether within these three
system  can i create
a virtualisation that System A is a server for Sytem B and C  and the
time shown by System A  should be updated by System B and C ( though it
is the wrong time).

I tried that to do by just changing the /etc/inet/ntp.conf  file in
case if  Server by mentioning
peers  < IP ADDR- OF - B>
peers  <IPADDR- OF - C>

and in clients
server < IP ADDR-OF- A>

this much only. But nothing change to the current time happening in
client systems.
But deamon showing packet transmission and  "ntp -p"  in server showing
info about both the clients
And below is the internal command peers to the utility xntpdc I applied
and got the info as mentioned below :

xntpdc> peers
     remote           local      st poll reach  delay   offset    disp
+HOST1         5.0.0.0         16   64    0 0.00000  0.000000 16.0000
+HOST2            5.0.0.0         16   64    0 0.00000  0.000000
16.0000

 Here man page says if stratum the third feild ( st) is 16 then it is
not sysnchonising with server.

So is there anything else required to make a system behave as NTP
server for some clients
is the change in the config. file is not enough within a ISOLATED LAN
???