[ntp:questions] frequency of updation

lulu neoequal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:54:08 UTC 2006

Actually I want to know how frequently a system's time get get updated
by any NTP server.
I didn't found in man pages that it can be done with user interference.
So I think this is something done by deamon itself. And the frequency
is hardcoded inside its source code.

If it is so it may happen that it will over load the cpu. Because it
must be updating itself with some
transmission and recepton of packets from server.

So how to know that how frequently a system get itself updated with
that of a NTP server and is it uniform ?

Is there any chance of getting a cpu overloaded due to this updation or
due to any operation of xntpd deamon  ?

thanks in advance.