[ntp:questions] Graphing

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Nov 30 08:34:58 UTC 2006

In article <1164843194.090808.23400 at j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "Jon" <jonology at gmail.com> writes:
>I also should have been more clear.  I'm looking to graph everything
>mentioned by everyone who replied, but also bandwidth, and perhaps
>amount of connections.  It's nothing serious, I'd just like to see
>how(much) the server is being used.  More of an educational experiment.
> Thanks again.

  ntpdc -c monlist
will show you some info for the servers that are still
in the servers cache.  It isn't quite enough info to
graph everything you might want to know, but it's a good
start.  More info in the documentation.  Beware, the
default cache size is something like 700 hosts so you
will loose info if you have more clients that than unless
you probe often enough.