[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd PLL and clock overshoot

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Mon Oct 16 20:54:58 UTC 2006

David L. Mills wrote:
> Uwe,
>
> I have made the point on past occasions that NTP may be more valuable as
> a hardware/software canary than as a clock winder.

Hello Dave,
I like canarys that can do other tricks as well ;-)

actually i have been a happy ntpd-user both on my home-network and for
the stuff i have running at my customers site (watching the radio sun)
for years without having to do any source-diving.
I had some starting problems with "iburst" and the initial request interval
( over ISDN dial on demand PPP ) but those have been fixed for a long time
now.

uwe