[ntp:questions] linux PPS reference clocks

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20061031T093850 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Tue Oct 31 17:56:14 UTC 2006

Can someone give me the back story of reference clocks on linux?  I
notice that there are a set of patches to add PPS support to the
kernel, but there apparently is no support in the stock kernel.  The
PPS patches seem to have been around for quite a while, yet they still
aren't included in the stock kernel.  Anyone know what gives?

Now that my machines have all been "unified" and run fc6 from a
hodgepodge of different BSD's, I'd like to see if I can start using my
Moto Oncore again.  I'm a bit reluctant to muck up the automatic
update machinery by installing a homegrown (home-patched ???) kernel.

-wolfgang