[ntp:questions] W2003 Server SP2 Problems with W32TM

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Thu Sep 28 13:56:41 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

I have a customer who has problems with synchronizing a Windows 2003
Server (SP2) with one of our NTP Servers (runs NTPv4).

Anyone who has successfully managed to sync her/his W2003 box with a V4
ntpd and who could give me some hints regarding the correct
configuration? Some kind of registry export would be nice, I could
compare such a thing with the one I have from the customers server...

Oh, before you ask: No, it is not possible to install "real" NTP-stuff
on that machine, I cannot get any Ethereal dump or have other diagnostic
  possibilities. All I know is that according to the eventlog W32TM is
trying to synchronize, fails a couple of times and gives up. It then
marks itself "unsynchronized" and all clients are free running like hell.

... and yes, I asked Microsoft as well but did not receive a reply so far...

Thanks in advance,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.