[ntp:questions] Re: Tardis issue on 64-bit

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Thu Sep 28 14:29:39 UTC 2006

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:BN6dnX0h9OgAI4bYnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d at comcast.com...
> Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> Danny Mayer wrote:

>>> I don't know why you are asking about Tardis here. We don't know
>>> anything about it.
>>
>> Probably because this is comp.protocols.time.ntp, not comp.apps.ntpd.
>>
>> I know that this does not change the reality of the situation, but if
>> we collectively stopped discouraging non-ntpd but NTP-related subjects
>> here then perhaps this group could in time live up to its name.
>
> If you look at the traffic here, maybe one percent is about the
> protocol.  Ninety percent is about how to use, configure, troubleshoot,
> etc, the reference implementation.  I could argue that the group is
> misnamed!
>
> Perhaps we should also support Open NTP, W32TIME, etc?

Nobody can force 'us'. But OpenNTP folks might drop in and answer
questions about it, and personally I would welcome them.

> It looks as if Tardis is a commercial product.  As such, it should
> have its own technical support.

This is a valid but orthogonal point. Incidentally, w32time is also
part of a commercial product.

Technical support for commercial products might _also_ drop in and answer
questions about them, and the nice folks from Meinberg for example _are_
being welcomed here.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink