[ntp:questions] Clock skew changes drastically between reboots

Dmitry Ivanov dimss at telecentrs.lv
Mon Apr 2 09:30:50 UTC 2007

On 2 Apr 2007, at 11:20, Spoon wrote:

> In your opinion, is it a hardware problem (voltage, something else?)
> or a software problem (OS, something else?)

I have a feeling that this is a hardware problem.

> Did you see this behavior in Linux? Windows? Solaris? All the above?

At least Linux and Mac OS X. I do not reboot FreeBSD and Solaris :)

On Friday, I've started collection of drift stats from some NTP pool
members. Early results (graphs) are very interesting! It is possible
to guess type of OS when you see these graphs. I believe some reboot
events will be clearly visible on these graphs.

--
Dmitry Ivanov
Network engineer
dimss at telecentrs.lv