[ntp:questions] Clock skew changes drastically between reboots

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 13:48:41 UTC 2007

Richard B. gilbert wrote:
[]
> Do you really need to reboot?  Microsoft is the only vendor of
> Operating Systems that seem to require regular reboots.  Most, if not
> all, of the others seem to be able to run for weeks, months or years
> between reboots.

My Microsoft Windows systems run for weeks or months.  We had a power-cut
last year so I can't claim years.  The only thing which seems to crash on
my NT4 system is NTP.

I do choose to apply security updates to the Internet-facing systems, and
that's the only time when a reboot may be required.

David