[ntp:questions] Local clock question with dialup connection

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Apr 19 15:47:18 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 11:47, Paul.Croome at softwareag.com wrote:
> On 18 Apr., 21:45, cave.... at tiscali.fr (Nigel Henry) wrote:
> > Now I'm stuck, as I can't find out how to start the daemon. (...)
>
> Nigel,
>
> In the tarball you should find a startup script in scripts/rc2.
> Of course, there's more than one way to do it...
>
> Paul

Hmmm. Yes I found those ok. I did a make uninstall, followed by a make
install, to check what was happening, and the scripts directory is accessed,
but only 2 scripts are installed, neither in /etc.

I've installed quite a lot of stuff from tarballs, and only had odd missing
deps to deal with on odd occasions. Surely these init scripts should be
installed as make install progresses.

I did get quite a few no's with ./configure, but that's often the case, and
make ran to completion with no errors.

It would be nice to get 4.2.4p0 running, as I could see if it resolves the
problem that I have mentioned on earlier posts.

Nigel.