[ntp:questions] Poll interval vs. reachability register

Dennis Hilberg Jr dont at spam.me
Fri Apr 27 19:25:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a simple question.  If the reachability of a server from a client
drops to zero, will the client's poll interval be increased until
reachability is reestablished?  I'm curious, as my ntp_clients_stats script
picked up a certain client as abusive.  I emailed the admin and he said that
my server had a zero reachability, but he thought that ntpd would reduce the
polling interval in such a situation.  I'm just trying to determine why the
ntp_clients_stats script would pick up that client as abusive if the client
cannot even reach my server, outside of a bug or error of some kind.

Thanks,
--
Dennis Hilberg Jr <timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com>

NTP Server Information <http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.html>