[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Aug 19 14:43:37 UTC 2007

> There is GLONAS, and there will be GALILEO.
> I have seen announcements of combi receivers for all three.
> Hail to a multipolar world.

GLONAS is barely working AFAIK, they just don't have the funds to keep
enough working satellites up there, it is definitely not a reliable source
for anyone to use.

Pigs will fly before GALILEO does... It has been way over budget and nobody
wants to sink any more money down that bottomless pit.

Don't get me wrong I am not against either of the alternate systems, I'm all
for multiple (and more accurate) systems, but at think point in time it just
doesn't look promising for any other group to get something going.