[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Aug 20 16:21:59 UTC 2007

>> Pigs will fly before GALILEO does... It has been way over budget and
>> nobody wants to sink any more money down that bottomless pit.
>
>Early 2003 they had more money than they could spend.  I don't know
>their current situation.

Well, I guess they found a way if they are having to resort to public
control / funding... A lot can change in 4 years.

http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=432885

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/05/galileo_commons_debate/

http://www.gpsdaily.com/reports/EU_Sees_Public_Money_Saving_Galileo_From_Dri
fting_Off_Course_999.html

Something positive though:

http://www.gpsdaily.com/reports/EU_And_US_To_Make_GPS_And_Galileo_Compatible
_999.html

They can have all these grand ideas about what all the system will do, in
the mean time they are just burning money and not moving forward to get
anything in space and working.