[ntp:questions] Trace ntp sanity checks?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Fri Dec 7 20:46:19 UTC 2007

On 2007-12-07, linux at stihl.de <linux at stihl.de> wrote:

> you see no reason, why a ntp-client that does not serve its time to
> someone else should have a local clock configured?
> did i get this right?

The only reason to use the Undisciplined Local Clock (127.127.1.x) is on
an ntpd which must be able to serve time to others even when there are
no real time sources available.

The Undiciplined Local Clock is not a time source and does nothing to
keep ntpd synchronised.

> does anyone of you have details regarding my original question:
> How can i find out which of the sanity-checks failed?

I don't think you can.

Oh, that's what you were replying to.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>