[ntp:questions] Basic Question - how to verify whether a new NTP server is ready to serve time?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Sat Feb 3 14:28:09 UTC 2007

Uwe Klein wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
[]
>> I /knew/ there had to be a valid reason for hating Linux!
> Then I've done my BoyScout Good Deed for the day,
> leaning back,
> taking a cupa...
>>
>> David
> uwe

Yes, it's just that support for the many variants of Linux is such a pain
compared to the standard of Windows - at least when you are a
single-person development team.  There's no way you can hope to test on
all the different distributions.

Having said that, I remain most grateful to those members of the "NTP
Team" who have bothered to support Windows when supporting the other OSes
may be a lot easier (for them).  Many thanks.

David