[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Sun Feb 11 15:01:38 UTC 2007

Rune Magnussen wrote:
> Den Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:59:59 +0100. skrev Uwe Klein:
>

>>Status Leds?
>>
>>uwe
>

> Netz is on, Feldstärke is on and rather strong.
> Modulation flashes wildly right now. This varies a lot so I will not mess
> with the antenna right now. Freilauf is on since the modulation is bad.
You will make no further progress until signal quality is good enough
for one flash every second.

Try to switch of pieces of your equipment one at a time.

uwe

> At least ntpd sees status-changes. That did not happen with the other
> cable.
The way i understand the trace you  posted you get lots zero/"0x00" bytes.
that could be either framing/parity errors or a break condition.

Does the meinberg clock blink in the proper way if you disconnect it
form your PC? i.e. just plugged into AC and nothing else?

> /Rune

uwe