[ntp:questions] enable pps

robert sebestyen sebestyenrobert at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:25:28 UTC 2007

Hi to all members of the mailinglist,
first of all i do not know how to start explaining my problem

I try hard to catch a PPS-Signal on ttyS0 from a frequencygenerator

In accordance to Dr. Mills Homepage referenceclocksdrivers i use the keyword
pps
for example pps /dev/pps0 (in ntp.conf) to announce the Com where PPS-Signal
gets into system
but if i check var/log/messages i read that pps is unknown,
thus although i configured ntp before recompiling for ATOM_PPS
code given:
../configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin --enable-ATOM_PPS
make
make install

I wonder what i am going to do wrong,
is the keyword pps not in use anymore in the ntp-4.2.4 version?
If yes, how do i have to configure ntp.conf and the path to tty
being able to catch my pps-signal???

Thanks in advance for any help or kick that brings me ahead
Robert