[ntp:questions] Synchronizing Linux clients with Windows Server 2003 NTP

george_joby kottayamachayen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:06:07 UTC 2007

Hi

I am trying to configure NTP server in Windows 2003 server and client
as Redhat Linux AS 4. But if I use W32time of Windows my client will
never synchronise with the server. But if I use the third part software
in Windows server 2003 (http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm) my
Linux client will synchronise with the server. I heard that W32time is
based on SNTP but read that SNTP and NTP can be used interchangebly.
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/solutionaccelerators/cits/interopmigration/unix/usecdirw/21wsdsu.mspx)

But I am not able to syncronize with the server at all.

My configuration is just between two system in a local lan using cross
cable. Server is configured to use internal clock.

My client want to try with w32time. Also I saw this ...

http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/TroubleshootingNTP#Section_9.10.

Can any body help me in this. Will w32time work with linux ?